Do you have at least 2 years’ experience of:
- Sales account management in software, preferably SaaS or,
- Selling solutions into Universities or,
- Selling into the public sector or,
- Selling software or,
- Developing existing customer accounts whilst also hunting for new business?
If you can meet one or more of the above requirements, then this role is for you. Our client already has 60% of their sector’s market share in the UK and they have ambitious plans to increase this. This is an exciting opportunity for a confident and outgoing Account Manager to join this employee-centric company to help them develop and drive revenue in their existing accounts by understanding their customer’s challenges and converting their needs into sales of the company’s products.
The successful Account Manager will be required to:
- Retain business through the nurturing of accounts as well as be able to upsell into them. (The successful candidate will receive a list of warm accounts when they start).
- Source new business opportunities and be able to find and create new introductions within Universities.
- Demonstrate software and the implementation/support services around this.
Candidates wishing to apply should:
- Have at least 24 months sales account management experience in software, preferably Software as a Service and wrap-around services e.g. Microsoft support
- Have experience of selling solutions to Universities
- Ideally possess experience of the above, however, second in line would be selling into the public sector or someone who has experience selling software and the related services.
- Have a track record and examples of account development and selling/upselling multiple products to the same client
- Be able to work with a team not ‘go it alone’ and provide evidence of this
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to successfully network and grow relationships at senior levels within Universities
- Show evidence of selling business solutions i.e.: hr, review, learning, talent management, accounts
- Be a hunter, driver who is happy to manage existing accounts successfully, whilst seeking new business opportunities.
- Have proven experience of selling deals to the value of £50k plus.
- Be comfortable selling remotely and in the field if necessary; although this will be minimal.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of how the University sector works
- Have a proven track record of exceeding substantial targets
- Be able to demonstrate a consultative selling approach
- Be able to provide a P60 for proof of last 2 year’s earnings
Salary: Basic of £40k-£45k with uncapped commission, OTE in first year of £60k-£65k.
Training: 6-8 week comprehensive training programme. This can be undertaken remotely if necessary. There will also be weekly 1-2-1’s with the Manager and ongoing 6-month reviews, along with opportunities to access training every month.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- An extra day’s holiday for every full year of employment, up to 33 days
- A structured career development programme with regular 1:1 meeting’s – the company are passionate about learning and development
- Working within a ‘family-orientated’ and ‘no-blame’ company culture,
- Perkbox subscription (discounts off counselling sessions, gym membership, Virgin wine delivery, supermarket vouchers, discounted cinema tickets)
- Flexible working hours
- A Nespresso machine with free coffee
- Free fruit
- Staff events throughout the year
Location: remote working or office-based depending on candidate’s requirements. Candidates are provided with a company laptop.
Hours: Flexible working is supported (If you want to work 5-day hours over 4 days, or work around school-runs etc).
Start date: asap for the right candidate.
If this sounds like the role for you, why not get in touch with a one of the team at KME? Email email@example.com or call 01392 344924, or alternatively apply by uploading your CV using the link below.