This is an exciting new role for a driven, new business hunter to join an employee-centric telecommunications company based just off the M5 in Bristol. Our client is a small, but innovative company with exciting growth plans and they are now looking to expand their sales team by recruiting a field-based Business Development Manager to expand their territory across the South West.
The successful Business Development Manager will:
- Be a new business hunter who has a proven track record of being able to create new opportunities
- Ideally have sales experience within the telecoms industry and have an understanding of mobile/unified comms too
- Be driven and self-motivated
- Have experience of and a proven track record in achieving/exceeding targets
- Be very good at networking with decision makers on social media; primarily Linkedin
- Be great at asking open, discovery questions to gain relevant information in order to create opportunities
- Be happy to self-generate leads with some support from the internal Lead Generator
- Be IT literate and happy using a CRM system
Location: The successful candidate will cover a territory near to their base; although primarily in the South West around Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Cheltenham. They will have an office presence as and when required i.e. for sales meetings, training etc.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am until 530pm
Salary: £30k – £45k depending on experience, plus uncapped commission.
Commission: based on gross profit which will be 20% of the basic salary. For example, if the basic salary is £40k per month, then the gross profit monthly target will be £8k. Candidates need to achieve this gross profit before then earn commission, which will be 20% of the gross profit thereafter. Commission is paid out over a 10 month period and ‘drip-fed’ to the salesperson. It is paid as soon as the customer is connected. For example, if a candidate achieves the £8k target then £1.6k is then paid over 10 months in monthly instalments.
Targets/KPIs: our client will ask the successful candidate to write their own targets/KPIs depending on what they are trying to achieve.
Training: will be provided.
Company Benefits: mobile phone, laptop/table, car allowance (to be discussed with the successful candidate), free onsite parking, working for a company that truly values its employees and appreciates that family comes first, it’s the sort of company where the CEO will sit and have a coffee with you, free onsite facilities, 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays which increases with tenure, company pension contributions after 3 months
Start Date: asap for the right candidate.
If this sounds like the role for you, why not get in touch with a one of the team at KME? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 344924, or alternatively apply by uploading your CV using the link below.