Our client prides themselves on being one of the leading IT support companies in the South West with a loyal customer base that spans the last decade. Based in Bristol, they have big ambitions to capitalise on their pedigree and establish the business as a leading provider of bespoke software, app and website development and IT support services across the region.
They are seeking a Software Business Development Manager who will play an integral part in the growth of the software side of their business. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving the acquisition of new customers for their bespoke software, app and website solutions within their target market of manufacturing and other industries.
This is a senior, client-facing role whereby the individual will work with internal stakeholders and their teams including sales, marketing, pre-sales, delivery, support, development and finance.
- Self-generate leads and assess other inbound leads, progress as appropriate through to contract closure.
- Develop and present proposals, negotiate contracts and close while providing the Software team with the information they need to execute.
- Maximise the contract value of all sales engagements, upselling and cross-selling where possible.
- Attend prospect and customer meetings, in person or online to provide expert information and demonstrations of our client’s IT’s bespoke software solution value propositions.
- Generate sales utilising other methods including social media messages, marketing, attendance at trade shows etc.
- Contribute to the company’s quarterly and annual revenue targets both by carrying some pre-agreed personal revenue targets and supporting the business development efforts of the sales team.
- Support the development of proposals and sales and marketing material in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing Director.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team and project delivery manager to ensure opportunities are maximised
- Have a background in software solution sales for small/ mid-sized businesses
- Possess experience in/knowledge of the manufacturing industry (although not necessarily in sales)
- Have a proven track record in new business development and exceeding sales targets
- Be confident presenting to all levels (door opening) including design makers
- Possess an entrepreneurial nature with the ability to think outside of the box to implement an effective business strategy
- Have experience of dealing with contracts in the region of £50k-£250k.
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent grasp of cloud technologies and managed service offerings
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with good interpersonal/communication skills and an ability to work across various teams
- Enthusiastic, problem-solving approach with a strong competitive appetite to close customer contracts
- Initiative to identify and promote innovative new ideas to drive the business forward
- A self-starter who isn’t afraid to generate their own leads and who can hit the ground running
- Someone who is credible, measured and confident
- Be located within 1-hour commute from the office, however, this is a field sales role so working remotely is expected.
Salary: up to £40k basic (OTE 65k) uncapped commission.
Company Benefits: company laptop, mileage is paid at 35p per mile.
Start Date: asap for the right candidate.
If this sounds like the role for you, why not get in touch with a one of the team at KME? Email email@example.com or call 01392 344924, or alternatively apply by uploading your CV using the link below.